Foreign Pilot License Validation
How to convert a foreign pilot license?
International students who have already earned a pilot license in their respective countries must complete a Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License and Medical Certification Form as required by the FAA before transferring to Red Arrow Flight Academy to continue their training as Commerical pilots.
1. Complete FAA Form 8060-71 (Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License and Medical Certification Form)
2. Make an enlarged copy of Private Pilot License
3. Make an enlarged copy of Medical Certificate
4. Send Form & Documents to FAA
5. Create an account with IACRA and submit there
6. Confirm the Certification Request with your Civil Aviation Authority
Call your Country’s Civil Aviation Authority to make sure the request has been received and processed. If your country does not respond to the FAA’s request for verification, the FAA will resend the request every 30 days up to 4 times. If the verification is not completed, the request will be canceled.
7. Receive Letter of Authenticity & Obtain FAA Medical Certificate
If approved, the student will receive the Letter of Authenticity from the FAA that authorizes them to get the temporary certificate. The student must then pass a medical examination that qualifies them to receive their FAA Medical Certificate once they arrive here in the U.S.